Monday, September 7, 2009

Uhaul Box

Wiley and I have been holding on to a very large Uhaul box for four months. When I say large, I mean the type that is almost as tall as I am and two times as wide. It has been holding up the wall behind our front door and now it is gone!!!!!!! We kept trying to let someone use it so that it would be recycled, but no one seemed to want it. I don't like ugly and useless stuff hanging out in an 800 sq ft space so it finally had to go. Four months is long enough to hold onto something that really has no spot or purpose or beauty. We took it to a school recycling spot and it will now become someone else's paper or uhaul box. I hope that it will be made useful again, but at the same time I'm much more concerned with the fact that we now have a white wall instead of a uhaul box.

1 comment:

  1. Hello - Your solution was very good... I thought I'd share another suggestion to clear out the used boxes and get them used again (and maybe, again):

    U-Haul "Take a Box/Leave a Box" at U-Haul Centers is a display for reusable boxes, where customers take back and drop-off their used boxes after a move for others to take FREE!

    There's also an online Box Exchange at http://www.uhaul.com/boxexchange that invites U-Haul customers to find or advertise their reusable boxes for sale or FREE.

    Thanks!
    Bob

    ReplyDelete